- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Featured Tool June 18: 3-Step Coiling Plier #PLR-747.00
by Rose Marion, Wire-Sculpture.com
Tool of the Week for
June 18, 2012
This week’s tool: Master Coiler Plier, 3-Step Round, #PLR-747.00
Video by Kate, JewelryTools.com
This week’s featured tool from JewelryTools.com is the PLR-747.00 made for coiling wire into jump rings, curving ear wires, and making any type of bend that you like, consistently. No more marking or scoring your round nose pliers: the Master Coiler will make 3 different sizes of loops every time: 2, 3, or 5mm.
While there are many 3-step round nose pliers out there, most have a concave jaw for the opposite side of the plier, so that the round barrel fits inside the curved jaw. However, this can nick or scratch your wire as it curves!
This plier is different: it has a flat jaw, so your wire won’t be scratched or hurt, just held in place securely as you turn the pliers. Perfect for all types of wire, but especially perfect for any kind of plated, colored, or expensive wire that would be harmed by nicks and dents.
Click below to see this Master Coiler Plier on JewelryTools.com:
Click below to see 3-step Round Nose Pliers with a Flat Jaw on Wire-Sculpture.com:
Click to Receive Daily Tips by Email