- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
by Judy Ellis, Wire-Sculpture.com
New Product for Sept 24, 2014
Fun, Fast Fold Forming
A NEW DVD Series by Eva Sherman
It comes to us from a leading Fold Forming expert, Eva Sherman, who reveals this little known proven formula to make beautiful cuffs – even if you’ve NEVER touched a piece of copper before.
Here are a few reasons that this new DVD Series so exciting:
- There are HARDLY any new metal working techniques, ever…
- Did you know that in the last 100 years there has only been 1 truly new and original technique invented?
- Are you stuck because you feel like you’ve tried and done everything before?
- Have you ever wondered why after a while making jewelry and working with wire everything starts to look the same?
You’ve probably seen about a million free blog posts on jewelry making patterns and ideas, and you’re more confused than ever, bored with the same old same old, and you are hungry for something truly new.
This new technique is call “Fold Forming“.
- Fold Forming takes advantage of the ductility and fluidity of metal when you anneal it, allowing you to then imprint the forms and work harden them into the metal…
- It was first discovered by Charles Lewton-Brain, in the late 1980’s making it the only new technique in the last century… and it represents the only innovation in metalworking in thousands of years.
- Fold Forming is a little bit like a combination between origami and traditional metal work, only you add a blow torch to anneal the metal and then create spectacular folds.
- There are literally hundreds of unique designs you can create using the techniques in this DVD series, you’ll learn everything you need to know to start to fold metal into beautiful designs.
- As more and more of you, my loyal customers and jewelry artists extraordinaire began to ask about fold forming, I realized we had to find a way to teach you this incredible new jewelry art form.
Here’s Just a LITTLE of what you’ll discover…
DVD 1: Introduction To Fold Forming: Line Folds and Applied Textures
DVD 2: “Chasing On Air” – Use this to make the wildest designs you’ve never seen
DVD 3: “Eva’s Signature Technique” – The Sherman Fold” with 5 different finishes
Eva cover’s every question, detail, and tip in these amazing DVDS, including:
- You’ll make 3 beautiful cuffs at the same time, using these 3 separate techniques, including “The Design Stamp” and the “Pie Crust”
- The unique and easy formula for sizing your cuffs perfectly so they’ll stay in place without hurting your wrists
- How to clean your metal using an easy technique, and why using this technique between each process is REQUIRED if you want your cuffs to look polished and beautiful.
- Why you MUST batch your work in Eva’s special “assembly line process” and how it helps you to make 3 times as much jewelry with the same work…
- The most efficient way to get the most from your time and materials
- Why Dead Soft Copper Is The Best Metal To use, when you are starting out.
- Most important: You’ll master how to anneal metal to the perfect temperature for ease of folding (like the image below)
- And much, much more…
This new DVD Series is now available and if you’d like to know more or purchase your copy CLICK HERE.
I’d like to thank Eva for sharing her fantastic technique with us.