- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Featured Tool May 21: Wire Rounder Set
by Rose Marion, Wire-Sculpture.com
Tool of the Week for
May 21, 2012
This week’s tool: Wire Rounder Set, #PIN-225.05
Video by Kate, JewelryTools.com
This week’s featured tool from JewelryTools.com is the PIN-225.05 Wire Rounder 3 piece set. It features a smooth wooden knob (removable), a Euro Tool vise, and 2 cup burs. The burrs are 1.8 and 1.2mm, which will accommodate wire up to 14-gauge. The smaller bur is better for smoothing thinner wire ends.
Wire rounders, which hold cup burrs that you can also place in your drill, work to smooth the wire ends, eliminating burrs and sharp edges, leaving your handmade ear wires, hooks, links, and rings perfectly scratch-free. Simply twist the wire rounder on the wire end before tucking your wire down, and it won’t scratch your finger, neck, wrist, or blouse!
You can see Sonja Kiser and Charley Key demonstrating how to use a wire rounder here: Removing Wire Burrs.
Click below to see this Wire Rounder Set on JewelryTools.com:
Click below to see a wire rounder on Wire-Sculpture.com: