- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip Jan. 30: Vibratory and Rotary Tumblers
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip for
January 30, 2011
The article Polishing Your Wire Jewelry mentioned using a tumbler. I have a tumbler, but mine vibrates instead of rotating. Can I still use it? The article did not mention using any kind of shot beads in the process.
-Melonie in Raleigh, North Carolina
Melonie, if you visit the article Tumbling Your Jewelry, I believe you will find the information you are seeking with regards to the differences between a rotary and a vibratory tumbler.
We have also had some great discussions about this on the blog. If you go to the left column and type "tumbling" into the keyword box, then press "Go!", you will also find a lot of past discussions that include experiences from several folks who do tumble their work.
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a Question? Click Here to Submit Your Question