- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Daily Wire Tip Oct. 4: 28-Gauge Wire Project Ideas
Daily Wire Tip Dec. 23: What Is Gallery Wire?
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip for
December 23, 2010
What is “gallery wire,” and how do you use it?
-Valarie in Clifford Township, Pennsylvania
Gallery wire is a very fancy bezel wire, generally soldered. Basically it is used by silver and gold smiths to set cabochons and/or stones or in the construction of rings when something rather elegant is desired. It is very soft and when I tried to use it in wire wrapping, it broke really easily. That was several years ago; maybe I should give it another shot. Anyone else use it in wire wrapping?
A quick Google Image search will return many images of this type of wire.
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a Question? Click Here to Submit Your Question