- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Featured Tool: Bracelet and Neck Mandrels
by Judy Ellis, Wirejewelry.com
Wire Jewelry Tool Tip for June 27th, 2016
Bracelet and Neck Mandrels
by Kate Richbourg
Are you busily making summer bracelets and necklaces with beautiful wire and beads? I hope you are… Today we have a quick video tip from Kate. She gives us some simple guidelines to using the Neck and Bracelet Mandrels. In addition, I’ve included a great tip on making a two beautiful pattern wire bracelets by Rhonda Chase.
To shape necklaces perfectly and easily a neck mandrel is essential. You can work metals or use the neck mandrel to form wax with this economy model crafted in India. Your necklaces will be the perfect length and fit every time. Measures 8-1/2″ x 7-3/4″ x 7″. Weighs 6.5 lbs.
Cherry Drops Bracelet:
- Rhonda cut and filed sections of patterned copper wire and they were brushed with a Birchwood Casey M24 patina and buffed with a rubber Dremel bit.
- Holes were punched with a helicopter punch.
- The sections were accented with color using solvent dyes by Sculpt Nouveau.
- Copper jump rings and wire wrapped cherry quartz drops finish the piece adding lots of movement
Wire Wrapped Bracelet:
- This cuff combines copper patterned wire and 22g copper square wire using standard wire wrapping techniques.
- Rhonda used the same patina and buffing as in the Cherry Drops Bracelet but with yellow solvent dye accenting the patterned wire.
- Integrated handmade clasp.
- Rhonda also used a steel bracelet mandrel and rawhide mallet to get the smooth shape and harden the wire.
I hope you enjoyed these two patterns from Rhonda Chase. If you’d like to receive more patterns like this sent directly to your inbox, CLICK HERE!