- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Pumice Is Our Friend
by Judy Ellis, Wirejewelry.com
Wire Jewelry Tip for March 23rd 2016
Pumice is our Friend
by Kim St. Jean
Today we have a couple of quick tips from Kim about using Pumice when soldering.
Pumice can also be used for a third hand in many instances. The ability to infinitely position your pieces in the pumice allows for precise placement and alignment. An added bonus, it does not become a heat sink as a traditional third hand can.
Our 7 inch soldering pans rotate 360 degrees with easy access. The heat reflecting pumice is perfect for supporting your project in any position – flat or embedded. Each pan includes pumice.
Additional tools you might need:
Butane Gas Jewelers Torch – New Micro torch-Great for soldering, welding or use with pmc clay or art clay.
Single third hand features 6-1/2″ pointed tweezers mounted on a weighted base to hold items stable and secure in any position while soldering. This item enables you to have both hands free while working on a multitude of projects.
Starting an at-home soldering workbench can be confusing! That’s why we have gathered all of the basic soldering tools into one place in this one-of-a-kind kit. With the Basic Kit you will have everything you need to start soldering.
This Basic Kit Includes:
- Butane Torch Head
- 6×6 Solderite Soldering Board
- Soldering Pick
- Curved Copper Tongs
- Stainless Steel Cross Lock Tweezers
- Aqua Flux
I hope these quick tips helps get you on the road to easier soldering!