- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Mary W. Bailey
For more than 20 years, Mary has been continually learning and expanding on her knowledge of the art of scrimshaw. As a ‘scrimshander’ she is continually seeking new ideas and techniques to enhance what she creates on her hand etched cabochons. It was such a need that led Mary to find and contact Dale with regard to expanding her basic wire artistry skills, taking them to a higher level to compliment her scrimshaw creations.
Mary’s scrimshaw work has been published in such magazines as Knives Illustrated, Blade Magazine, Wire Jewelry Artist, and Colored Stone. She has taken awards for her scrimshaw work at custom knife shows and at Dragon-Con.
Mary resides in Nashville, Tennessee with her husband, Joseph, a custom knife maker and rock hound. Together they share a love of gems, minerals and lapidary (both being members of the Mid-Tennessee Gem & Mineral Society club). Because of their different artistic crafts, their interests blend in many ways.
From that first contact with Dale (over 10 years ago) has grown a bond between two creative women that has remained strong to this day. “Dale and I seem to balance each other in so many ways. We use each other as sounding boards for ideas and designs. She is my teacher as well as my friend.”