- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip Feb. 1: Can I Wrap a Faceted Gemstone Without a Casting?
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip
February 1, 2010
Can I wire wrap a faceted gemstone without using a casting. If so, how? I have some big stones I would like to wrap.
To make wire jewelry using large gemstones, I would suggest that you up your gauge to either 21 or 20, depending on both the size of the stone and the design you are using. For all wire designs, with no pre-cast additions, check out my book, Wirework, that has four different patterns using cut stones and watch for my upcoming Intermediate DVD series!
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here