- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Make perfect loops settings for your projects with skewers! By Delilah
by Judy Ellis, Wirejewelry.com
Wire Jewelry Tip for August 25th, 2017
Make perfect loops settings for your projects with skewers!
Every now and then, you may find yourself without the perfect tool for the job. In a pinch, I’ve found that small wooden skewers are perfect for making consistent loops in such projects as chandelier earrings, stone settings, rings and so on.
Wrap the wire around one stick, then place the second one aside and wrap it, too. Then take them out simultaneously and continue making the loops. If you work in this fashion, you will make consistent loops perfectly equal to each other.
Use these loops to get a lacy effect and embellish your new projects as well as stone settings for different projects as earrings, rings, pendants.
Click to Receive Daily Tips by Email
September 1, 2017 at 6:08 am
Enjoy more ideas