Business Card Holder
Every wire artist who sells their handmade jewelry should have business cards available at every event - what better way to showcase your business information than with a handmade wire wrapped business card holder? Your customers will make an instant connection with you and your craft. If you make wire jewelry as a hobby, you can make this holder for your "day job" - what a great way to show your personality at work!
Skill Level: Beginner
Technique: Working with heavy-gauge wire
- 14-gauge round dead soft jewelry wire, one 16" piece (you can also use 16-gauge)
- Enough beads with large holes to cover 2" of wire.
Tip: If you're using 14-gauge wire, the bead holes should be 1.7mm across or larger; if you're using 16-gauge wire, the bead holes should be 1.3mm across or larger, based on the size of the wire.
- Straighten the 14-gauge wire. From one end, measure and mark the wire at:
2", 2", 2", 1", 2", 1", 2", 2", and 2" as shown.
Bend the wire 90° at the fourth mark from one end. Slide 2" of beads on the longer end of the wire the 2" section. This is the center and front of the card holder.
- Immediately after the beaded segment, make a second 90° bend, in the same direction as the first, so that both wire ends are parallel and have a Π (pi) shape.
- Use round nose pliers to hold the wire at the first mark after the beaded segment. Bend the wire about 30° as shown (you don't need to be precise).
- Repeat step 4 on the other side of the beaded segment. Make sure that these bent wires are parallel to one another.
- Holding the wire with round nose pliers at the next mark down, make a 45° bend, forming a Z shape with the wire. Make sure that all three segments of the Z lie on the same plane. Repeat step 6, in the same direction on the opposite side. Make sure both Zs are symmetrical and lie in parallel planes.
- At the final marks, make 90° bends towards the outside, so that the Z and the right angles lie in perpendicular planes.
- Using round nose and flat nose pliers, make spirals on both of the 2" wire ends.
- If necessary, adjust any of the wires so that the holder sits level. Place your business cards in your new card holder!
Did you find this pattern through a link from a friend? This Free Wire Jewelry Pattern is just one of dozens of free wire jewelry patterns we send via email. Get patterns like this one straight to your inbox - click here!