● Place the U wire on top of your cabochon and mark where the top of the cabochon lands.
● Place the stepped mandrel pliers on your mark and create a gentle bend in the U wire posts, toward the back away from the front of the wire.
● Place the stepped mandrel pliers just above your mark, and bend the wires back toward the front, creating a gentle S-curve.
● Use flat chain nose wires to create a gentle bend in the bottom of the U wire.
● Bend the wire toward the back.
*Note: this will fit the bottom of the U wire to the curvature of your cabochon. Straighten the top of the U wire.
● Using your cabochon as your guide, make gentle bends at the S-curve at the top of the cabochon so that the bail post wires will be centered.