- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Jewelry Resource Dec. 12: Birthstones and Gemstones
by Rose Marion, Wire-Sculpture.com
Wire Jewelry Resource for
December 12, 2012
Every little girl learns her birthstone, so she can feel like she’s wearing jewelry that’s made just for her. Now as a wire jewelry artist, you can recreate that experience for your customers, by creating custom birthstone jewelry using their birthstone! Whether it’s a birthstone pendant with just their color, or a Mother’s or Grandmother’s ring or pendant that has the birthstones of children and grandchildren, a birthstone gift is always to be treasured.
Here’s a quick guide to help you create gifts this Christmas season for the people you love. Birthstones are highly traditional, so there are some alternative stones you can use, depending on different traditions.
Need a way to look up gemstones fast? Click here to download our easy Birthstone Chart!
(Pantone Color for 2013!)
Pearl, Alexandrite, Moonstone
Blue Sapphire Cubic Zirconia
Opal, Tourmaline, Pink Zircon
Azotic Topaz Stones
Turquoise, Blue Zircon, Blue Topaz, Tanzanite
Here’s that link again: Click here to download our easy Birthstone Chart. Of course, Wikipedia alone lists 6 separate birthstone traditions, so in our resources, I’ve tried to list the most common birthstone and the most common alternates available.
Have a Wire Jewelry Idea you’d like to share? Click Here to submit your idea. You could be featured on our Blog!