- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Wire Jewelry Resource May 23: Bead Show Destinations
Wire Jewelry Idea May 23:
Destinations for Bead Shows in the US
by Rose Marion, Wire-Sculpture.com
Well, it’s been a few months since the Tucson gem shows this winter, but I still love pulling out my Tucson treasures and seeing if today is the day to use some of the cabs and beads I collected there. I know it’s still the better part of a year before I’m back in Tucson, so I’m making my treasure last. But what if you are itching to relive the experience? Here’s a modest list of the biggest gem shows in the US. Each of these is a fantastic resource for jewelry making supplies, tools, classes, and inspiration. You should also do a Google search for "your area gem show" to see if a small show will be in your area this year, or check out this search – and I would love to hear what the big shows are in other countries. Let me know your favorites in the comments below!
- Tucson Shows: each year from end of January through middle of February (show dates vary in this range). There is also a smaller-scale version of this event at the beginning of September. For information, check out these resources:
- Bead Fest: Occurs four times per year in Pennsylvania, Texas, and New Mexico
- Bead & Button: annual show in Milwaukee in June
Speaking of the Bead & Button Show… it’s just around the corner! The Bead & Button Show, from June 1-June 10, 2012 at the Frontier Airlines Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, the "Biggest Consumer Bead Show in the World" will host a stunning range of jewelry supply and jewelry tool resources for handmade jewelry artists.
The Bead & Button show will have over 600 classes from over 200 jewelry instructors, including Stephanie Eddy, Rebeca Mojica, Lisa Niven Kelly, Brenda Schweder, Jackie Truty, and many more familiar names.
New to the Bead & Button Show this year, albeit veterans of the wholesale shows in Tucson, are 2 popular jewelry supply sources: Wire-Sculpture.com and JewelryTools.com! That’s right, we’ll be in Milwaukee this June with a selection of DVDs (Wire-Sculpture) and most popular tools (JewelryTools.com) – likely with special show rates or promotions.
JewelryTools, an exclusive distributor of Euro Tool jewelry making tools, will have a selection of its most-loved and most-utilized jewelry tools available, including beading, wire wrapping, soldering, metal clay, and jewelry display tools. This is just a small sampling of its 5,000 tools available online at https://www.jewelrytools.com. The official Euro Tool booth is just steps away from the JewelryTools booth, and Euro Tool will have tool representatives doing tool demonstrations every day of the show.
The Wire-Sculpture booth is located at #637. The JewelryTools.com booth is located nearby at #738 & 740 – these booths are in the middle of the sales floor. Both vendors will be open, June 7 – June 10, 2012, at the Frontier Airlines Center. Find more information about the show at https://www.beadandbuttonshow.com.
Will we see you at the Bead & Button Show this June? We would love to see you there!
Have a Wire Jewelry Idea or Resource you’d like to share?
Click Here to submit your idea. You could be featured on our Blog!