- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Featured Tool of the Week: Pocket Wire Gauge GAU-144.10
by Rose Marion, Wire-Sculpture.com
Tool of the Week for
February 20, 2012
This week’s tool: Pocket Wire Gauge
Demonstration by Kate, JewelryTools.com
Have a mystery coil of wire? To find out what wire gauge you have, confusingly, just use a wire gauge to find out. A wire gauge tool, that is! This little wire gauge measures 14 gauges that will help you quickly identify the wire you’re working with.
Measures the following even gauges from 8-34: 8, 10, 12, 14, 16,18, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34
This compact wire gauge comes in its own little leather case so it’s protected when you’re on the go.
Not sure how to use a Wire Gauge? Check out this Tip of the Day, where we show you how to measure wire with a wire gauge. It’s not the holes that matter, but the right angles of the gauge!
Click below to see this Pocket Wire Gauge on JewelryTools.com:
Click to Receive Daily Tips by Email
February 22, 2012 at 10:14 am
Can the gauge size square wire also?
February 22, 2012 at 10:21 am
Yes Mindy, it can size square and half-round as well as round. Make sure to measure across parallel sides, not diagonally across the square, for an accurate measurement.