- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip Dec. 5: Setting Stones in Jewelry
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip
December 5, 2009
I bought a `box of rocks` of various cuts and sizes. Where can I find settings and/videos to set the stones in jewelry? I ordered a video a year ago with about simple ring making, I didn`t get what I ordered…still have the loose stones. Help!
Rocks? Sounds more like you have a variety of finished stones that may include both cabochons and faceted stones. If you are looking for ready-made, cast settings, you could do an Internet search for companies who carry such things. If you are looking for small snap settings, on the Wire-Sculpture website, look under findings and then under snap sets. If you would like to make your own settings, I would recommend viewing our selection of DVDs and also my book, ‘Wirework’ found under CDs & E-books, then under Jewelry-making & repair books. Have fun! I love boxes like that!!
Answer contributed by Dale `Cougar` Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here!