- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Wire Jewelry Idea: Ironwork Inspiration
by Rose Marion, Wire-Sculpture.com
Wire Jewelry Idea for
November 16, 2011
Ever since I read Dale “Cougar” Armstrong’s article Inspiration Comes from Everwhere and Every Thing and saw her picture of a wrought-iron fence, I’ve kept my eye out for inspirational ironwork. It wasn’t until a recent day trip to Las Vegas that I found some interesting shapes I immediately thought about recreating in wire, both in iron and in tiling. So I hope you are inspired by the pictures I took, too!
The Bellagio Hotel is one of the most famous hotels in Las Vegas. Located right on the Strip, among its other attractions, the Bellagio has an incredible wealth of ironwork and inspiration for wire designers! I highly recommend walking through it if you ever go to Las Vegas, it is worth it. Here are just a few shapes I captured:
Check out this pendant by Lia Herron Manuele, who posted it on our Facebook page. Called Elua III, it’s made of brass, sterling silver wraps, and glass beads. It reminded me of the Bellagio’s ironwork as soon as I saw it!
Those are just a few images that inspired me! I will be sure to have my camera with me when I travel again, and I can’t wait to go back to Las Vegas for a longer trip!
Have you made wire jewelry inspired by ironwork? Post a picture on our Facebook page!
Have a Wire Jewelry Idea you’d like to share? Click Here to submit your idea. You could be featured on our Blog!