- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Featured Tool of the Week: Lortone 3A Tumbler TUM-110.00
by Rose Marion, Wire-Sculpture.com
Tool of the Week for
November 21, 2011
sponsored by JewelryTools.com
This week’s tool: Lortone 3A Tumbler, Item # TUM-110.00
If you don’t already have Flash Player, click here
to install it in under a minute for FREE!
Demonstration by Kate, JewelryTools.com
|This week’s featured tool from JewelryTools.com is the TUM-110.00 Lortone 3A Tumbler. This tumbler is great for polishing rocks, as well as cleaning and work-hardening wire jewelry pieces, such as chain maille and wire wrapped pieces.
If you’re new to tumbling, I highly recommend Mary Bailey’s definitive article, Tumbling Your Jewelry. One of the reasons Dale “Cougar” Armstrong recommends half-hard wire so highly, is that it doesn’t require anything beyond general work-hardening during the creative process to ensure life-long security. However, pendants, bracelets and such that are made in dead soft wire may need tumbling to harden the wire enough to stay. And, some people use a tumbler to clean their jewelry. Mary covers it all.