- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Wire Jewelry Printable Resource: Wire Footage Charts
by Rose Marion, Wire-Sculpture.com
Wire Jewelry Idea for
November 2, 2011
Here at Wire-Sculpture, we cut our wire by the foot for your convenience, rather than shipping you a quarter-ounce, half-ounce, or full ounce of jewelry wire. (Remember: precious metal is measured in ozt, or troy ounces) But what if you’re familiar with ordering by the ounce, as some precious metals are, or what if your electrician friend offered you a couple pounds of scrap copper wire? Is it worth the drive across town?
We’ve collected data on Gold-Filled, Sterling Silver, and Argentium® wires, the most common wires to be sold by weight, and put it in a convenient chart for you. We’ve also included our chart on Copper and Brass, which are often measured by the pound. Please note, all values are approximate.
Feel free to bookmark this page, or our other Wire Charts page, and come back as often as you like!
Have a Wire Jewelry Idea you’d like to share? Click Here to submit your idea. You could be featured on our Blog!