- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip Sept. 19: Wire for a Bangle Bracelet
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip for
September 19, 2011
I want to get your cuff bracelet video. It looks like flat wire is used in it. Where do I find flat wire?
-Annie in Huntsville, Alabama
Hi Annie, the only wire used in my Cuff Bracelet design is square! Anything that looks “flattened” has been done by using a chasing hammer, during the construction process.
I hope you enjoy the DVD, because as usual I don’t just teach a project but I also talk about how to make variations, ways to price, how to use certain tools, etc. And while creating the bracelet, you will also learn how to make “cold filigree“! As a progressive instructor, the reason I made instructional DVDs is to teach how to execute certain techniques, with the hope that after a student learns them (while making the specific project) that you will take them into future designs of your own! You can find many of the supplies used in the instructional DVDs in our DVD Supply Lists section.
Answer contributed by Dale "Cougar" Armstrong
Have a Question? Click Here to Submit Your Question