- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip July 19: Beginner DVDs for Wire Wrapping
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip for
July 19, 2011
Hi, can you please recommend a beginner wire DVD or book to learn the basics? Thanks.
-Susie in Sagle, Idaho
Hi Susie, the best DVD set to learn the basics of traditional wire jewelry design and how to utilize those techniques taught into satisfying projects is our Beginner Series. As a progressive instructor, I designed these DVD projects to teach the basics and how to use them. By starting with DVD 1 and continuing on to #2, #3, etc., you will be able to totally understand and execute all of the skills necessary to become a confident wire jewelry artist!
Of course if you would like to learn the art of coiling and weaving, then I would suggest our new DVD series by Albina Manning, Coiling & Weaving Wire Jewelry Designs. This series will teach you the basics of using mainly round wire to create lovely wire jewelry pieces.
If either of these options is a bit more expensive than you would like to “test the wires,” then you may wish to purchase a single class from Online Wire Jewelry Classes. Whichever way you choose to learn, have fun!
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a Question? Click Here to Submit Your Question