- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip Nov. 5: Converting Pierced Earrings to Clip-Ons
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip
November 5, 2009
A friend of mine has a nice pair of gold pierced earrings. She wants to know if they can be made into clip-ons. If so, how would I go about this in a way they will be secure?
The procedure depends on what style of pierced earrings you are planning to convert to clip-on. If they are on a wire or French hook, the answer would be to just transfer the charm/dangle to a pair of clip-ons that have an attached ring at their base. If these are stud earrings, you could carefully bend the stud part into a loop and attach that way, or you could make a small wire component to bend the stud into. I have seen some special clip-on backs that have a sleeve to simply slide the stud into, but unfortunately I have no idea where. You might do an Internet search for ‘clip-on earring converter’.
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here!