- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip May 6: How to Use an Automatic Wire Twister
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip for
May 6, 2011
Could you tell me how to use an automatic wire twister? Can you twist round wire?
-Kathy in New York, New York
Great question, Kathy, we put together this little video to demonstrate how to use it! This is a special tool we have made just for us, and it really makes twisting wire simple and straightforward.
Rose Demonstrating the Automatic Wire Twister
If you don’t already have Flash Player, click here
to install it in under a minute for FREE!
You can twist wire easily and reliably with an Automatic Wire Twister!
Here are some things to remember about twisting wire:
- Twisting square wire will give you a nice diamond-cut effect.
- Twisting round wire won’t change it – it stays round! Twisting 2 round wires together looks great, though.
- You can mix it up! Try twisting some round and square wire together for an intricate look!
- If you’re twisting several wires to be used in the same project, it’s easy to give them all the same amount of twist. Just count the seconds that you twist, and they’ll be identical.
- Don’t worry about twisting the entire length: you can only twist between your pliers and the twister. Just cut off the wire that was in the twister and the pliers for a totally twisted length!
There are also several other tools you can use to twist wire; see Getting Twisted for Dale’s review of several methods and tools!
Answer contributed by the WS Staff
Have a Question? Click Here to Submit Your Question