- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip Oct. 24: Do Raw Garnets Need to Be Tumbled?
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip
October 24, 2009
Do raw garnets need to be tumbled or can they just be polished?
`Raw` or natural garnets can be worked in many different ways. In my opinion, it depends on the quality and individual size of the garnets. If you have a large quantity of decent sized garnets, they can be tumbled. (We have taken very large, well formed pyrope garnet crystals and just polished every face, using a cab machine.) Good sized translucent or transparent rhodolite garnets can be faceted, while large chips can be cabbed.
Answer contributed by Dale `Cougar` Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here!