- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip Oct. 20: What Size of Wire is Best for 4mm Beads?
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip
October 20, 2009
I want to buy the 4 mm sterling silver sparkle bead with 1.3 mm hole, what size of wire sterling silver gauge should I get? How do I know what size of wire to purchase for the size of beads?
To check the size of wire with relation to the size of the hole in a bead, follow the link below and scroll down to Table 3, Conversion Table – Gauge to Inches and Millimeters. Just be sure to get the wire a tiny bit larger than the beads` hole so you`ll be sure of a good fit! https://www.wirejewelry.com/pages/wire_footage_charts.html
Answer contributed by Dale `Cougar` Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here!