- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip Jan. 6: Tumbling Jump Rings for Chain Maille
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip for
January 6, 2011
I have started making chain maille jewelry, but I find that most rings are too soft for my liking. I hear that tumbling the rings will temper them, giving them more strength. I would like to know what kind of media to use and how long to tumble them.
-Tom in Marshall, Missouri
We have a great article that tells you about everything you need to know about tumbling your chain maille pieces, called Tumbling Your Jewelry. It can also be found in our Resource Center, under Caring for your Jewelry.
I am sure that a lot of folks will add additional experiences and advice, so be sure to check back on this post!
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a Question? Click Here to Submit Your Question