- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip Dec. 22: Printing Jewelry Patterns
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip for
December 22, 2010
I love the Free Patterns that you provide so we can grow our wire working techniques. How can I print out the instructions so that only the instructions print? I can’t sit watching my computer, because the lighting isn’t good.
-Dawn in Anchorage, Alaska
No problem, Dawn! Here are two different ways to print our patterns.
The first step in both ways needs you to select the pattern. To select the pattern, click your right mouse button at the beginning of the pattern, hold the button down, drag the cursor to the end of the pattern, and release the button.
If you wish to save a copy on your computer first:
- Select the pattern, copy it (Edit > Copy), then paste it (Edit > Paste) into a Word document (OpenOffice Writer will work too). Then, File > Save the pattern on your computer. You can print it out to have a hard copy, and you will always have it on your computer.
If you just wish to print without saving a copy:
- Make sure your printer is connected to your computer and is on.
- If you are using Firefox or Internet Explorer, select the pattern. Then go to the top left of the screen, and click on File, then click on Print. When the Print box comes up, choose Selection, then click OK (Firefox) or Print (Internet Explorer).
(If your Internet Explorer looks different, you may not have the current version; click here to download it.)
I hope this helps!
Thank you to Victoria O., who helped edit these steps.
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a Question? Click Here to Submit Your Question