- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip Nov. 18: Wire-Wrapped Heart
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip for
November 18, 2010
I have a heart-shaped stone that I want to wrap. It is 45mm at the widest point, 38mm long, and 18mm thick. How do I do this?
-Patricia in Delray Beach, Florida
Patricia, one of the easiest ways to wrap that stone is to use the “Anything” Harness found on DVD #3 of the Beginner Series.
Another way would be to make a regular frame and because the stone is so thick, you could incorporate a piece of pattern wire in the center of the frame bundle. For example, use two or more pieces of 21-gauge square on each of the bundle’s edges and put the pattern wire in the center. Of course, you would add more 21-gauge wire on each edge until the bundle is as wide as the side of the stone, plus two wires (one to pull on the back, and one for the front). In this manner you will not have to reach down into the frame to grab the pull wire and bend it up and over the stone, preventing the possibility of it being too tight and breaking.
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a Question? Click Here to Submit Your Question