- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip Nov. 9: Source for 3-Step Square Pliers
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip for
November 9, 2010
In your Rings Series Disc 5, you are using 3 step square pliers. Where do you get these? I would like to use them for the 2mm prongs, they do not come out quite even.
-Rex in Lakewood, Colorado
Good News Rex! The 3-Step Flat Pliers I use are really difficult to find; however, Wire-Sculpture has answered my (and all of your) requests, and we now have them!! I love using these pliers when I am forming any size wire bundle to frame any stone that has a really sharp angle (especially for thick frames).
Without any graduation, the jaws make perfect angles across the entire bundle. They are also very useful when making prongs, as each prong will be the exact same length as the others in your design, like a prong ring or a prong frame. These pliers are awesome!
Note: The 3-Step Square Pliers are currently being manufactured; we expect to be shipping them the week of Nov. 22. Click here to preorder your 3-Step Square Pliers (and save 15% and get free shipping through Nov. 12!)
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a Question? Click Here to Submit Your Question