- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip Oct. 28: Twisted Wire Tips
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip for
October 28, 2010
I am enjoying and learning a lot from your daily wire tips. I watched the tutorial video How to Make a Double Wrapped Hook. The demonstrator was using square 21-gauge half hard wire, which she said she had already twisted. I’m wondering if twisting wire is difficult to do and if it makes the wire harder to work with.
-Jane in Lake City, Florida
Thanks! I will pass your comment along to Sherrie. There are several ways to twist wire, which can all be explained (with photographs) in the article Getting Twisted. The article also answers a load of questions you may have when you begin twisting. (And yes, twisting wire does harden it).
Sherrie also did a video tutorial showing Extremely Easy Ways to Twist Jewelry Wire. All of the WS Faculty members and I love to add twisted wire to our designs. I hope you do too!
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here