- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip: How to Use Earring Snapsets
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip
How do you use the earring snapsets? I purchased the 6mm earring snapset with the 6mm stones to go in them, and I realized I don’t know how to use them with the earring post in the center – can someone give me directions?
-Barb in Puyallup, Washington
The easiest way to set stones into earring snapsets is to:
- Place the stone, table side down, on a roll of tape* (sticky side out).
- Holding the setting between your fingers, center the setting over the stone.
- Push the setting onto the stone. You should hear a definite snap.
If the stone goes to one side and the prongs end up bent, use needle nose chain nose pliers to adjust and reposition the prongs, and then try again.
* – Take a piece of tape and stick the ends together, making sure the sticky side is out.
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here