- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip Sept. 11: Home Jewelry Party Tips
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip for
September 11, 2010
If I’m going to do a Home Jewelry Parties and have invited approximately 10 guests, how much jewelry should I have on hand to sell? Or should I have them just order from my display?
-Bonnie in Lake Wales, Florida
Now, by inviting only 10 guests, be prepared for about 3 to 5 people to actually show, as on average, only a third of the invitees will make it–life happens–so invite a few more, or ask your friends to bring friends.
As far as how much jewelry to have on hand, it really doesn’t matter. You can take orders from the stock you bring and from photos of past items that have sold; you may even bring some loose cabochons and suggest order options to your potential customers. I would have a nice selection of the things you enjoy making, as well as “impulse buys” like simple earrings.
The most important things are to present both your work and yourself in a friendly but professional manner, and make sure every person takes at least two business cards with them.
Last of all, have fun! No one in the room knows more about you and your work than you do!
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here