- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip Sept. 7: Variations on Woven Beaded Bracelet
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip for
September 7, 2010
I am loving making your Woven Beaded Bracelet that you teach in the Beginners Series Part 4! However, I would love to incorporate other sizes and shapes of beads rather than round ones. Do you have any other sizes or suggestions on different shapes to use?
-Suzy in San Diego, California
Thanks Suzy–for a nice variation, try adding a 3mm round bead to one of the weaving wires as it goes around the main bead, alternating from side-to-side. You can also use rice shaped or barrel beads. I have even had a pattern of three beads between each braid (instead of one) using a 3mm then a 5mm and then a 3mm. The possibilities are amazing!
Beaded Woven Bracelet
Hint: Watch for a very special version of this weave in a brand new project coming soon in the Advanced Series!
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here