- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip Aug. 2: Help with Pricing Wire Jewelry
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip
August 2, 2010
I have trouble knowing how to price my jewelry! Some say I am too high, and others say I am not charging enough! My method is double what it cost me to make the piece, is this correct? Please help!
-Nancy in Wilton, Iowa
Oh my goodness! With the cost of supplies changing daily, using a formula like this (cost x 2) means that you are making your work for free! Please check out this article, How to Price Your Jewelry, and begin making some money for your art!
You should also consider checking out The Definitive Guide to Selling Handcrafted Jewelry, which goes even further in-depth about pricing, selling, and other aspects of the jewelry business.
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here