- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip Aug. 1: Twisted Wire Tips
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip
August 1, 2010
I want to start making some jewelry with twisted wire. A friend recently showed me how to twist square wire with a small pin vice. I really love the look and can’t wait to get started on some earrings! I have three questions here.
Can you twist round wire as well as square? And if I already have a cordless screwdriver, will the three-prong wire twister head fit? And how can I become a Gold Club member? Thanks for your help and all your inspiration!
-Ginger in Canton, Ohio
Congratulations! Using twisted wire in jewelry designs can really add some extra sparkle and pizzazz. You will find the answers to your first two questions (they require some detailed explanation) about twisting wire, in the article Getting Twisted. Wire Faculty member Sherrie Lingerfelt also did a quick video, showing several ways of Twisting Jewelry Wire. These informative pages should give you the answers you seek, as well as some new ideas!
To clarify the Gold Club, you can find all of the details and benefits of becoming a Gold Club Member on our Gold Club Member Page: membership is free, and it has a lot of perks. Enjoy!
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here