- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip July 16: Making Money with Jewelry
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip
July 16, 2010
My husband and I are just starting to do jewelry items, and one of our biggest concerns is how we go about pricing. We want to be reasonable, but at the same time let people know that our creations are not nickel & dime items. How do I price my items?
-Liz in Sunbury, Pennsylvania
This is a question that comes up a lot. One thing you can do is check out my recent article, How to Price Your Wire Jewelry. There is absolutely nothing wrong with charging the price that your piece is worth. Pricing is a key aspect of selling your jewelry!
Just remember that the items you sell need to be appropriate for whatever venue you are in. Example; do not expect to sell a 14kt gold filled piece made with a natural emerald at a flea market! Rather, a sterling silver piece made with a beautiful cabochon should do nicely.
Another thing you can do, and I want to tell this to all our jewelry artists hoping to learn more about “the biz”: Wire-Sculpture has a HUGE announcement today, and it’s all about business! Click here to find out the big news. If you’re serious about your jewelry business making money for you, I really recommend you check this page out.
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here