- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Tip: Can I Store Wire on a Spool?
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip
As an alternative to plastic bags of wire lying around, could I use empty spools to store my wire? Will it have any adverse effects on the performance of the wire?
-Cal in Baldwin, Wisconsin
Many people prefer to store their wire on large spools. If you wish to do so, my advice is to make sure you keep the square wire “on the square,” and to coil any wire shape or temper slowly and carefully around a large spool, so as not to work harden it.
Storing wire in closed plastic bags to prevent tarnish is not all that hard, either. We have several methods explained by Sherrie in this video tip.
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here