- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Free Pattern: Passion Flower Earrings By Margot Potter
by Judy Ellis, Wirejewelry.com
Wire Jewelry Pattern for August 21st, 2017
Passion Flower Earrings
by Margot Potter
Delicate coils of amethyst wire spiral towards hammered and stamped silver flowers for a simply stunning pair of earrings. I love using these coils in my jewelry designs, you can make them in all different colors, vary the lengths, and add beads or crystals in between. They look fabulous on rosary style chain designs or as segments in bracelets and earrings. Don’t fret if you’re not a metal stamping enthusiast, you can add any charms or beads you prefer instead. If you don’t have a Coiling Gizmo, use a metal dowel and hand coil the wire around it, the tool speeds up the process.
- Nickel Silver Circle, 24 Gauge, 1/2 Inch, Pack of 6 (Pattern Quantity 1 Piece, Product ID: MET-600.30)
- 20 Gauge Round Purple Enameled Craft Wire – 30 ft (Pattern Quantity 1 Piece, Product ID: H5-J20-30FT)
- 20 Gauge Round Silver Plated Silver Copper Craft Wire – 25 ft (Pattern Quantity 1 Piece, Product ID: H17-I20-25FT)
- Ear wires Sterling Silver (Pattern Quantity 2 Piece)
- Jump rings Sterling Silver 6mm (Pattern Quantity 2 Piece)
- coiling gizmo (Pattern Quantity 1 Piece)
- Brass Hammer – 1 Pound (Pattern Quantity 1 Piece, Product ID: HAM-456.10)
- Steel and Rubber Bench Block 2X2 Inches (Pattern Quantity 1 Piece, Product ID: G17-22)
- 1/8 Letter Punch Set (Pattern Quantity 1 Piece, Product ID: PUN-105.80)
- Petal stamp (Pattern Quantity 1 Piece)
- Euro Punch Plier 1.50mm (Pattern Quantity 1 Piece, Product ID: PLR-133.70)
- Chain Nose Wire Plier (Pattern Quantity 1 Piece, Product ID: G2-508)
- Round Nose Wire Plier (Pattern Quantity 1 Piece, Product ID: G2-507)
- 90 Degree Bent Nose Pliers (Pattern Quantity 1 Piece, Product ID: G2-66)
- C.H.P Milano Italian Flush Cutter, 5 1/2 Inches (Pattern Quantity 1 Piece, Product ID: PLR-487.00)
- Stamp guide (Pattern Quantity 1 Piece)
Step 1: Place blank on steel block. Cover with sticker, centering blank.
Step 2: Stamp center with lower case o. Then stamp four petals as shown. Stamp four dots using awl or dot stamp as shown.
Step 3: Remove sticker. Use ball end of your hammer to add texture to the blank.
Step 4: Wipe enamel medium or black Sharpie on surface of blank. Wipe off medium with paper towel.
Step 5: Use metal hole punch pliers to pierce hole in top center of blank.
Step 6: Insert blank, stamped side down, into dapping block. Use dapping tool and hammer to dome the blank.
Step 7: Attach lavender wire to the coil handle as shown. Insert the dowel into the tool, secure the wire tail with finger on opposite hand while turning the handle. The wire should coil around the dowel. Make the coil a little longer than 1″.
Step 8: Cut coil from handle, cut into a 1″ coil. Trim and tuck any excess wire. Repeat.
Step 9: Cut two 2″ segments of silver wire. Create a wrapped loop at the top of each.
Step 10: Insert open end of wire into your coil, bend wire to a 90-degree angle flush to the bottom of your coil. Grasp wire end with your round nose pliers and turn into a wrapped loop. Repeat for second coil.
Step 11: Attach earring wire to the top of each coil. Attach stamped charms to the bottom of each coil using the jump rings.