- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
How to oxidize your wire and jewelry without liver of sulfur By Delilah
By Judy Ellis on August 11, 2017
by Judy Ellis, Wirejewelry.com
Wire Jewelry Tip for August 11th, 2017
How to oxidize your wire and jewelry without liver of sulfur
Liver of sulfur cannot be shipped abroad because it’s considered a hazardous product. Though you can order it through the mail in the U.S., you may want an alternative to using liver of sulfur.
Hard boil 2-3 eggs, about 8-9 minutes. Put them into a plastic container for which you have a tightly fitting lid. Smash the eggs and add the jewelry or wire into that container. Close the lid. Wait for about 20-30 minutes; or until the eggs get cold.
If you see uneven oxidization, repeat the procedure, placing the jewelry or wire in a different position.
Click to Receive Daily Tips by Email