- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Daily Wire Tip May 7: How Do You Use Memory Wire?
Daily Wire Jewelry Making Tip
May 07, 2010
Before I knew anything about using wire I bought some memory wire. I’ve tried using it, but I find it very hard to cut or bend. How do you use it? I hate to not use it somehow.
Personally, I would utilize the memory wire by adding inexpensive beads, creating affordable bracelets, which will sell to teenagers and folks with limited income. Items like these can sometimes cover your booth fee!
To make these bracelets, use round nose pliers to form a small loop at one end to hold the beads on, add the beads and then make another small loop at the opposite end. Do not use your good cutters on memory wire, as the metal will destroy them! Instead, use an old pair or visit the garage, basement, etc. We also have great-quality memory cutters specially designed for cutting memory wire available.
Answer contributed by Dale “Cougar” Armstrong
Have a question? Submit your question here