- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Non-Tarnishing Storage for Sterling Wire By Denise Peck
by Judy Ellis, Wirejewelry.com
Wire Jewelry Tip for June 30th, 2017
Non-Tarnishing Storage for Sterling Wire
by Denise Peck
I know this is a huge problem for me and anyone else who lives in a humid climate. But even in any climate, any prolonged exposure to the air will tarnish your sterling and silver-filled wire. Well here’s a simple, and free tip for keeping your silver wire tarnish-free.
You know those little silica gel packets you find in the shoe boxes of your new shoes? They’re also often packed inside new handbags. Those are dessicant packs, or moisture absorbers. They will help keep the air dry around them.
If you store your wire coils inside a zipped plastic bag and throw in a silica gel pack, your silver wire will remain tarnish free! For free! Just stop throwing away those little packs when you come upon them in your purchases!