- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Make Your Own Hook or Ear Wire by Denise Peck
by Judy Ellis, Wirejewelry.com
Wire Jewelry Tip for June 16th, 2017
Simplest Ear Wires
by Denise Peck
If you can make a loop with a round-nose pliers, you can make your own ear wires. And if you can make an ear wire, you can make a hook clasp! Watch how simple it is.
Working from the spool, or long length of 20g wire, make a small loop at one end.
Now hold the loop you just made against a Sharpie marker and bend the wire over the marker.
Cut the wire to any length you’d like the ear wire to be, and make a gentle bend at the end of the wire.
If you want to make a hook instead, just bend the wire over a narrower pen or pencil and cut the wire opposite the loop. Hammer the curve of the hook to work harden it.