- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Free Pattern: Silver Beaded Heart Wire Earrings By Delilah
by Judy Ellis, Wirejewelry.com
Wire Jewelry Pattern for June 15th, 2017
Silver Beaded Heart Wire Earrings
In this tutorial I teach you how to create a beautiful pair of earrings. Heart-shaped, these earrings might look difficult to make, especially to make them symmetrical. But, I promise you that if you follow these instructions, you will be able to make your own with precisely the same specs as these. You just need to use the same size materials that I used. Of course, you may use other sizes, too, changing up the measurements of the final earrings. And, you can make them with copper wire instead, it’s up to you. I bet they’d look gorgeous with copper and some red coral, don’t you think? I might make those, too! A heart pendant would look lovely; feel free to give it a try!
- Green Brecciated Jasper 10mm Round Beads – 8 Inch Strand (Pattern Quantity – 2 Pieces, Product ID: A1-566)
- 20 Gauge Round Silver Plated Silver Copper Craft Wire – 18 ft (Pattern Quantity – 13 Inches, Product ID: H17-I20-18FT )
- 28 Gauge Round Silver Plated Silver Copper Craft Wire – 45 ft (Pattern Quantity – 6.5 Feet, Product ID: H17-I28-45FT )
- 2mm silver metal beads (Pattern Quantity – 58 Pieces)
- 3mm round link silver chain (Pattern Quantity – 4.5 Inches)
- Round Nose Wire Plier (Pattern Quantity – 1 Piece, Product ID: G2-507)
- Chain Nose Wire Plier (Pattern Quantity – 1 Piece, Product ID: G2-508)
- Xuron Flush Cutter – Pack of 1 (Pattern Quantity – 1 Piece, Product ID: G2-504)
- 12 Inch Stainless Steel Ruler (Pattern Quantity – 1 Piece, Product ID: G7-30)
Step 1: Cut two 2” pieces of 20g wire and set aside for the ear wires. Alternatively you can also use purchased ear wires. Cut the remaining 20g wire and the 28g wire in half. Insert one piece of 20g wire through one of the beads as shown, leaving a tale of about 1”.
Step 2: Bend the wire at a right angle against the bead, as shown.
Step 3: Measure 2” from the bend and mark the wire. Wrap the wire around the bead as shown. Then, use flat-nose pliers to make a bend at the mark, bending back toward the bead.
Step 4: Measure another 1 ¾” and cut the wire, as shown.
Step 5: Using a pen or 8mm mandrel, wrap the end of the wire around it, to create a loop as shown.
Step 6: Using the 28g wire, coil it 2 or 3 times around the heart frame and the bottom bend to anchor it. Holding the first link of the chain against the frame, wrap the 28g wire through the link 4 times. Then wrap the frame 4 times. Skip the next link, so the chain sits properly, then attach the next link. Continue attaching every other link up the side of the frame.
Step 7: When you reach the bead, pass the 28g wire through the link and up between the 20g wire and the bead, as shown.
Step 8: Coil 4 times around the chain link and the frame, to snug the chain to the other side of the frame. Then coil 4 times around just the frame.
Step 9: Begin attaching the metal beads, one by one, after every 4 coils.
Step 10: Make a simple loop on top of the bead with the tail of 20g wire so you can attach ear wires. Then continue coiling and attaching beads along the frame.
Step 11: When you finish attaching beads to the wire, continue all along the chain, attaching beads so one sits between every two links.
Step 12: Using round-nose pliers, make a small open spiral with the tail of unwrapped 20g wire inside the heart. Repeat all the instructions for the second earring.
Step 13: Attach either purchased ear wires, or handmade ear wires to the loops at the top of each heart.