- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
by Judy Ellis, Wirejewelry.com
Wire Jewelry Tool Tip for December 7th 2016
by Judy Larson
Today, we have another great quick tip from Judy! Enjoy!
Sometimes a purchased closure finding just does not look right on your beautifully handcrafted work. Maybe you just need to get out a bit of wire and make your own matching finding.
Create your own:
Using 18 or 20 gauge wire, make a framework of any shape that compliments your creation.
You can fill the frame with beads or other wire work.
Leave a long enough “tail” that can be formed into the hook portion of the closure.
That’s it – Your done! Now try a few on your own…
I hope you’ve enjoyed this simple tip. For more of Judy’s tips – CLICK HERE!