- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Lessen the Noise
by Judy Ellis, Wirejewelry.com
Wire Jewelry Tip for November 2nd 2016
Lessen the Noise – Save Your Eardrums
by Judy Larson
Today we have another great tip about saving a precious commodity – your eardrums!
I am 67 and acutely aware of some of the hearing I have lost, possibly due to not protecting my ears when I was younger. Starting early with good habits in your studio is essential to your well being.
Using a hammer to texture metal on a metal bench block can be quite loud. If you are concerned about this, use a rubber block, a sand bag or a stack of magazines under your bench block to help deaden the sound from your hammer blows.
Wearing protective ear devices may be a good idea if you do a lot of hammer texturing and/or forming of metal.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this quick tip on saving your eardrums. For more of Judy’s tips – CLICK HERE!