- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
FREE Pattern – Beaded Jump Rings
by Judy Ellis, Wirejewelry.com
Wire Jewelry Pattern for October 12th 2016
Beaded Jump Rings
by Albina Manning
Today I have a great pattern for you that is great for all levels and can be made by using a few simple beads and jump rings. Take a look!
Skill Level: Beginner/All
This lesson shows how make jump rings with gemstone, or any, beads on them. In other words, you will be able to create fancy jump rings, which can be used as connectors in a variety of projects; connected together for a necklace or bracelet design or attached to an ear wire for a simple pair of earrings. Try variations by using gemstone chips, seed beads or crystals too!
- 1 22 Gauge round half-hard wire or thicker(remember it has to fit through the bead)
- Beads of your choice (shown are 6mm round and other)
Step 1. Straighten and clean the wire and then slide on the chosen bead.
Step 2. Begin bending the wire into a U shape.
Step 3. Continue bending the wire ends towards each other, so they cross and form either an oval shape or a round shape.
Step 4. Find the center of the intersection and use flush cutters to cut one side of the wire loop.
Step 5. Make the second cut on the other side of the wire loop, directly across from the first.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this simple pattern. Keep checking back for more great patterns and tips!
To view more of Albina’s Tips and Patterns – CLICK HERE!