- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Twist and Parallel Hole Punches
by Judy Ellis, Wirejewelry.com
Wire Jewelry Tool Tip for September 7th, 2016
Parallel Punch Pliers and Twist Punches
We love sharing new tips about tools and how to use them. Our tips today come to us from our good friend, Kate Richbourg. She shows us in one simple step how to use the Parallel Punch Plier as well as the 2 Hole or Twist (Helicopter) Punch. Take a look!
Parallel Hole Punching Pliers:
Developed by EURO TOOL, the Parallel Hole Punch Pliers give the user leverage and assurance that the pin goes straight through the hole every time for a clean shearing action. This guarantees a clean hole without rough edges or burs in sheet stock up to 18 gauge. Pins are replaceable. Length 5-1/4″ (140mm)
2 Hole Metal Punch:
Two different hole sizes, 1.60mm and 2.30mm, can be made with this metal punch. Made of tool steel, each punch is tempered for making precision holes in soft metal up to 24 gauge! Screw action makes holes without deforming metal. It can also be used with plastic and other materials. A perfect hole every time!
Are you new to metal smithing and just want some additional information on getting started? CLICK HERE for a great article!
These two punches are a much have for any metal artists workbench!