- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
by Judy Ellis, Wirejewelry.com
Wire Jewelry Tip for August 5th, 2016
by Sarah Thompson
Our quick tip comes to us today from Sarah Thompson about using cut-out stencils for consistency in your wire shaping.
I was at a local gem show a couple of years ago and came across a lapidary tool booth. They had plexiglass stencils to make cabs. In a bin next to the stencils were the cut-outs from the stencils going for $.10. I rummaged through and found several shapes that I liked in different sizes.
These cut outs are great to use to shape wires that would otherwise be difficult to get whether it is symmetrical or adding a unique shape within the design that you need two of. I leave the protective paper on the plexiglass so I can see the shape easier at a glance
I hope that you have enjoyed this tip from Sarah. If you’d like to read more of Sarah’s posts – CLICK HERE!