- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Free Pattern: Crytstal Ear Cuff
by Judy Ellis, Wirejewelry.com
Wire Jewelry Free Pattern for July 29th, 2016
Crystal Ear Cuff
by Albina Manning
Our Free pattern today comes from our good friend, Albina Manning. This easy to make Ear Cuff Pattern is perfect for the beginner and can be made in mere moments! Enjoy!
Ear cuff is a great way to decorate your ears even if they are not pierced. It just wraps right around your ear and that’s it!
Materials and Tools:
- 22ga round half hard wire – 7.5 inches
- Bicone crystals, 6mm – 2
- Bicone crystal, 8mm – 1
- Round nose pliers
- Flat nose pliers
- Nylon jaw pliers (optional)
- Step Barrel pliers (optional)
1. Cut 7 ½” of 22 ga round wire. Bend it in two, so one end is 4″ long
2. Using the widest part of the step barrel pliers start curling from the bent end.
3. With flat nose pliers, grab two wires just across the bend as shown. Bend the wires at the angle of 90.
4. Using chain nose pliers, bend back one wire at a time… Remember part with “hook” will go behind your ear and two wires will go in front…
5. Slide one 6mm crystal on the shortest wire end.
6. Grasp the very end with the very tip of your round nose pliers and make a full loop (“p” shape).
7. Using your round nose pliers again, grip the wire next to the first loop. Try to grip the wire at the lower point in your pliers so the loop will be a little bit bigger. This loop has to have a drop shape.
8. Make the third loop symmetrically to the first one (use the very tip of pliers).
9. You may want to “flatten” just made “trefoil” using nylon jaw pliers.
10. Slide one 6mm and one 8mm crystals on the other wire end.
11. Repeat steps 6-9 to make a “trefoil”.
12. Curve two wires with crystals and trefoils down with your fingers. First, curve the shortest end down, and than two-crystal end.
13. Adjust the ear cuff if necessary.
I hope that you have enjoyed this Free Pattern from Albina. If you’d like to read more of Albina’s posts – CLICK HERE!