- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Bezels
- Tube Set Charm by Kim St. Jean
- Prong Basket Pendant by Kim St. Jean
- NEW DVD Series – Stone Setting with Cold Connections
- New DVD Series – Stone Setting with Wire
- NEW DVD Series: Introduction to Stone Setting by Kim St. Jean
- Featured Tool: Bracelet Bending Plier
- NEW Dvd by Eva Sherman
- Fun, Fast Fold Forming DVD Series
- Double Band Ear Cuff from Alex Simkin
Crimping Pliers – Not just for beads anymore!
by Judy Ellis, Wirejewelry.com
Wire Jewelry Inspiration for July 6th 2016
Crimp Pliers – Not just for beads anymore!
by Albina Manning
Today we have quick tip from Albina about using Crimp Pliers to create something totally different than you thought – headpins!
Make your own headpins using…crimp pliers! It is so fast and easy.
1. Paddle pin.
- Use the back flat surface of the pliers to “squeeze” the end of wire.
- If the paddle is not even, file it with an Emory board.
Using the same method, I made this pair of earrings separating crystals by flattening the wire.
2. U-bend head pin.
- Start with the tip of chain nose pliers and make a tiny 180 degree bend bending.
- Now, take a crimp pliers and using “O” shaped notch and complete forming a “head”.
- Notice that this method will place the wire end very close to the pin.
I hope you enjoyed this tip from Albina. If you’d like to see more of Albina’s blog posts – CLICK HERE!